1. Make the poaching stock, by combining the water, hazelnut syrup, sugar & spices in a
medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar granules and infuse the
2. Leaving the pears whole, peel & core them, using a melon baller for the cores, then
place in the stock syrup, bring to a light simmer & cook until tender, around 15 mins.
3. Allow the pears to sit in the liquid to cool, preferably overnight.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 180c
5. Combine all the crumble ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
6. Spread out on a large baking tray and bake for 15 mins intervals (stirring the mix each
time to break up any clumps forming) until golden.
7. Serve warm the poached pears on top of the crumble with crème fraiche.